Me and my fabulous son, Max

Me and my  fabulous son, Max
Powerscourt, Ireland

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Old Friends & New

 
Today I started a new adventure as a Garden Coach at a local preschool.  I made lots of tiny friends today, thanks to an old friend, Jeana.  Jeana used to work with me many, many moons ago when I was a District Manager at Kindercare.  Jeana's new school has a preschool program along with an LA Up Program, both with amazing, dedicated teachers, but not much time for gardening.  Enter Marti Lindsey--The Garden Lady.






All of the kids were excited and eager to help!  What kid doesn't love to play in the dirt, right?  


We started off by removing some of the compacted soil in the existing garden boxes.  The kids filled a 20 gallon tub, one shovel full at a time!





We added Kellogg's Organic Soil to amend the old soil in the beds.  Then the kids started planting!  Today we started an elevated raised bed with herbs and three regular raised beds.  One bed is all strawberries, which was very exciting for the kids.  The other beds will house a variety of vegetables including beans, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant.

I am excited to make new friends and share my love of growing with the kids!  Here's what's growing at our place right now:
Radishes, Carrots, Turnips & Golden Beets


Lettuce
Spinach
Peas & Purple Cauliflower















I'm so excited to go back next week and do more work with the kids!  Until then, keep on growing!

Cheers~
Marti Lindsey--The Garden Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment